On International Women’s Day 2021, The Security Institute and our Inclusive Security Special Interest Group [ISSIG] want to spotlight some of the key equality, diversity and inclusion [EDI] issues that are impacting women’s ability to thrive, work safely and effectively, particularly in the current global context and in the security sector.
We often consider and place the context of discrimination, harassment and bullying to within the workplace. But what about when the workplace has become our home and the borderless virtual world we are now in? The shift to virtual working is likely to remain, to a certain extent, even when the restrictions forced by the pandemic are gone, as many now see the benefits virtual working has to offer. However, what existing and new negative cultures and behaviours have increased or spilled over into our homes and onto our social media. Are we emboldening unacceptable behaviour, and are we equipped with a changed narrative and tools to support #OurSecurity inclusively?
We are hosting this webinar with the ISSIG looking with a fresh lens, honesty and perspective at the real issues and case studies faced in the current working environment, and when virtual workspaces are not #safespaces aligning to an inclusive #OurSecurity. Bringing together an esteemed panel of positive leaders and role models in EDI and security professionals from many different sectors and across the world, including:
- Dame Lynne Owens Director General of the National Crime Agency;
- Simon Gallow UN Women UK;
- Philip Ingram MBE former Colonel in the British Army for Military Intelligence;
- Dianne Allen OBE Veteran, and author of Forewarned;
- Alex Fazel Chief Partnerships Officer at Swissborg a highly inclusive and diverse business
- Pollyanna Lenkic author of Women & Success and builds high performance cultures programmes;
- Professor Lisa Short digital technology analyst, strategist and design ecosystem thinker and global advocate for women in business, cyber and tech.
- Dr Leigh Gassner a previous Assistant Commissioner for Victoria Police [Australia] and working in China and South Africa on family violence and violence against women legislative and system reform.
- Anna-Liisa Tampuu ASyI
- Lisa Reilly
Please join us to gain a rich insight of challenges, success and how we can work together to create a narrative of change moving forward. #OurSecurity #SafeSpaces